Familiar with any of the following situations, dear?
Situation1: You feel you need to be working all the time and putting all your energy into what you’re doing because people depend on you. It’s almost challenging for you to “sacrifice” socializing in order to get some Me Time.
Situation 2: (laughing out loud) What? Me time ? Nah – I’m a Mom. Moms don’t get Me time.
Take a second and see what’s the common thing between the above situations. YES! You were caring for others as I’m sure you still and will continue to do. Now while being in service of others is honorable, sometimes if you’re not focused it results in you neglecting the most important person in your life: YOU.
Taking care of yourself is essential for your health and the potential of you continuing to offer your help to others as well.
*This post may contain affiliate links to products I personally use . Buying via them may provide me with a small commission at no additional cost to you.
BUT first! Here are top 3 benefits of having some Me time:
♥ Rejuvenation: taking a little time for yourself recharges, and re-energizes you. You start feeling better, concentrate more, and think clearly.
♥ Self confidence: When you make me –time a habit, you eventually start having more self-esteem and confidence. You start prioritizing yourself and understanding that you should take care of yourself first in order to continue caring for others.
♥ Meeting the real YOU: Spending some time alone helps you discover what really makes you happy. Be it a small or big things in life. Then next time you’re socializing, you know that you’re sharing your most genuine super-amaahzing self with the world.
30 awesome Me- time activities you owe to yourself
- Write a short bucket List related to your hobbies, write each wish in a piece of paper, fold it and put it in a Jar. On your free time (make it happen), randomly pick one and DO IT.
- Join a Dance class and dance like nobody is watching. A lot of dance studios offer free introductory lessons.
- Be a tourist in your own city and be open to explore and do things that you might not usually like to do.
- Meditate to manifest your desires.
- Reflect on your past decisions, and forgive yourself. Then, wear the nicest dress you have, go out and have lunch ALONE somewhere nice and buy yourself flowers on your way back home. Make this a habit because YOU DESERVE IT.
- Have a massage or enjoy a kiwi spa experience at home. Also check out my affordable and all natural skin care routine.
- Read especially if you don’t like to read. Believe me it will open up worlds you didn’t know about. Also, every book you read, keeps a fool man away 🙂
- For more adventure and adrenaline flow, have a similar activities jars but for extreme sports. This might need some previous planning but the goal here is to do something adventurous once a while. I reckon some ME TIME in a hot air balloon is irresistible.
- Go to your local comedy zone and laugh your heart out.
- Guilty pleasures are allowed! No one is looking or Judging.
- Sleeeeeeeeeeep, Obvi!
- Enjoy the sunrise.
- Sign up for a free class of your choice. Something fun!
- Do some Pinterest inspired DIY home décor projects.
- Binge Watch your favorite show.
- go shopping for the perfect lingerie.
- Create a vision board for your dream life OR change your lifestyle in one hour.
- Design your own 30 day challenge either for self love, weight loss, basically anything you desire to achieve.
- Watch your childhood album. AH! It’s an instant guarantee for a big smile on your face.
- Write a letter to your past self and one to your future self.
- Cook an international 3 course dish. Set up the table and eat it with relish.
- Make your own 30 day motivation cards. Make sure you choose quotes that will inspire you to achieve a specific goal.
- Learn a new cupcakes recipe.
- Volunteer! There is nothing more noble that using your time to make someone else’s life better.
- Declutter your environment.
- Do some breathing practice and practise saying your favorite affirmations.
- Join your local hiking club. A lot of them don’t require pre-registration.
- Take a day trip somewhere close.
- Get a haircut or style your hair. Getting a fresh hairdo always feels great.
- Do Smile yoga! How to do it? Sit somewhere calm, close your eyes, and smile. Easy!
- Bonus: Discover your life purpose! Click here to get access to my FREE 22+ page Discover your life purpose and passion workbook.
Hope you enjoyed my list of Me-Time activities and would love to read about your favorites!